Symphony Nova Scotia announces the following vacancy for the 2018/19 season:
National auditions will be held in Halifax, NS on May 3, 2018.
This audition is open only to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents. Candidates may be required to show proof of Canadian citizenship or eligibility to work in Canada.
Salary and Benefits
- Starting Date: September 23, 2018
- 2018/19 Season Length: 35 weeks†, including 2 weeks paid vacation
† includes 2 optional weeks in the summer of 2019
- 2018/19 Salary: C$1,254.26 per week
- Benefits: 7% Musicians’ Pension Fund contribution, Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance, cost- shared Health Insurance Plan, paid sick leave
- 2019/20 Season: The Collective Bargaining Agreement calls for either a 3% salary increase or one additional week at 2018/19 rates.
If this position is won by a current member of Symphony Nova Scotia, the resulting vacancy may be offered to another candidate. The Symphony Nova Scotia Audition Committee reserves the right to dismiss at any time any candidate not meeting the highest professional standards at this audition. Symphony Nova Scotia musicians are members of the Atlantic Federation of Musicians, Local 571 CFM.
How to apply
Applications will not be accepted by telephone. Highly qualified applicants should email a one-page resume including current mailing address, email address, and telephone number to Eric Mathis, Director of Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org. The list of required repertoire will be made available upon application.
Deadline for receipt of resumes: April 2, 2018.