Symphony Nova Scotia (Holly Mathieson, Music Director) announces the following vacancy:
NATIONAL auditions will be held in Halifax, NS on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
This audition is open only to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents. Candidates may be required to show proof of Canadian citizenship or eligibility to work in Canada.
Salary and Benefits
- Starting Date: September 2022, pending successful completion of a two-week trial period
- 2022/23 Season Length: 36 weeks, including 2 weeks paid vacation
- 2022/23 Salary: $1,279.35 per week
- 2023/24 Season: 36 weeks at $1,317.73 per week
- Benefits: 7% Musicians’ Pension Fund contribution, Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance, cost-shared Group Health Insurance Plan, paid sick leave
An offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a two-week trial. If this position is won by a current member of Symphony Nova Scotia, the resulting vacancy may be offered to another candidate. The Symphony Nova Scotia Audition Committee reserves the right to dismiss at any time any candidate not meeting the highest professional standards at this audition. Symphony Nova Scotia musicians are members of the Atlantic Federation of Musicians, Local 571 CFM.
How to apply
Applications will not be accepted by telephone. Highly qualified applicants should email a one-page resume including current mailing address, email address, and telephone number to Anne Simons, Orchestra Personnel Manager: [email protected] . The list of required repertoire will be made available upon application.
As per the Nova Scotia Government’s website, only fully vaccinated candidates are eligible to apply. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Deadline for receipt of resumes: Wednesday, March 16, 2022