Symphony Nova Scotia (Holly Mathieson, Music Director) announces the following vacancy:
Preliminary rounds for Canadian National Auditions will be held by recorded submission on Oct. 15 & 16, 2022.
Candidates advancing to the live semi-final/final rounds will be invited to audition in Halifax for in-person auditions on Tuesday, Nov. 15 or Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022 (date to be confirmed).
This audition is open only to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents. Candidates may be required to show proof of Canadian citizenship or eligibility to work in Canada.
Salary & Benefits
- Starting Date: January 8, 2023, pending availability of winning candidate and successful completion of a two-week trial period
- 2022/23 (balance of season): January 8 to May 20, 2023 (19 weeks)
- 2022/23 Weekly Salary: $1,023.48 per week
- 2023/24 Season Length: 36 weeks, including 2 weeks paid vacation
- 2023/24 Weekly Salary: $1,054.18
- Benefits: 7% Musicians’ Pension Fund contribution, Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance, cost-shared Group Health Insurance Plan, paid sick leave
An offer of employment to the audition winner is contingent on the successful completion of a two-week trial. If this position is won by a current member of Symphony Nova Scotia, the resulting vacancy may be offered to another candidate. The Symphony Nova Scotia Audition Committee reserves the right to dismiss at any time any candidate not meeting the highest professional standards at this audition. Symphony Nova Scotia musicians are members of the Atlantic Federation of Musicians, Local 571 CFM.
How to apply
Applications will not be accepted by telephone. Highly qualified applicants should email a one-page resume including current mailing address, email address, and telephone number to Anne Simons, Orchestra Personnel Manager: [email protected].
Deadline for receipt of resumes: September 26, 2022