Gustavo Quaresma, tenor
Christoph Campestrini, conductor
After last year’s sold-out, rave-reviewed opera celebration, Symphony Nova Scotia once again presents a rare opportunity to experience Europe’s hottest opera talent right here in Halifax! This time, the orchestra welcomes soprano diva Daniela Fally, the prima donna of Vienna’s vibrant opera scene. With a storied 10-year career in a multitude of roles at the renowned Vienna State Opera, Fally is “currently conquering the world of opera” (News.at) and is adored by audiences and media alike for her lively, charming, and breathtakingly virtuosic performances.
Together with her husband Gustavo Quaresma, an in-demand tenor who regularly appears in Europe’s major opera houses, Fally makes her Canadian debut in this one-time-only gala concert of beloved opera hits. Experience her live in highlights from Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro and Don Giovanni, Puccini’s La bohème, Strauss’ Die Fledermaus, Offenbach’s The Tales of Hoffman, and many more.
This rare concert experience is made possible through the generous sponsorship of Margaret and David Fountain.
About the Music
Featuring highlights from:
- Mozart: The Marriage of Figaro, Don Giovanni, Così fan tutte
- Richard Strauss: Arabella, Intermezzo
- Offenbach: The Tales of Hoffman
- Puccini: La bohème
- Rossini: La Danza
- Johann Strauss II: Die Fledermaus
- and more!
About the Artists
Praise for Daniela Fally:
- “Daniela fally, 30, is currently conquering the world of opera.” – News.at (Austria)
- “Daniela Fally’s stupendous technique, suppleness in the coloratura and embellishments led to a simply breathtaking fireworks display. The sparkling tones flowed with a kind of unparalleled naturalness.” – Kronen Zeitung (Austria)
- “Daniela Fally … triumphs with easy-going coloraturas at adventurous altitudes.” – Wiener Zeitung (Austria)
- “More than comfortable in the vocal stratosphere.” – Opera News (NY)
- “Prima donna Daniela Fally gave another performance of her great skill and her musicality… the highest vocal and artistic presence.” – Bachtrack
- “Austrian-born Fally has become one of the most in-demand coloratura sopranos around Austria and Germany… she poses a bright sound with virtuosic high notes… and critics have stated that she was born to sing the comic role.” – Opera Wire
- “Austrian soprano Daniela Fally is an all-around comic spitfire, being able to dash off high-notes and execute the splits with plenty of deceptive ease.” – Chicago Daily Herald