Kerson Leong, violin
Symphony Nova Scotia
Andrea Tarrodi: Birds of Paradise II
Jean Sibelius: Violin Concerto
Jean Sibelius: Symphony No. 5
Symphony Nova Scotia’s expanded orchestra proudly presents an explosive season grand finale concert, highlighting the soaring music of Sibelius! Swedish composer Andrea Tarrodi’s brilliant Birds of Paradise sets the stage for our first-ever performance of Sibelius’ stunning Fifth Symphony – a grand, slow-growing spectacle that culminates in its breathless, exhilarating, and unforgettable “swan hymn”. Plus, Canadian rising star violinist Kerson Leong returns to Nova Scotia for Sibelius’ sensational, showstopping Violin Concerto, one of the most popular violin works in the world.
I’ve always wanted to conduct Sibelius’ Fifth Symphony, but never had the chance until now. It is vast, epic, life-affirming beauty on the grandest scale. I challenge you to not burst into tears when you hear those massive swan wings beating through the strings and brass in the third movement – for me, it is the closest music has ever come to negating the laws of gravity. You really feel yourself soaring over the Finnish tundra and snowy forests! Swedish composer Andrea Tarrodi’s Birds of Paradise is the ideal tone poem to transport us to northern soundscapes and landscapes for the evening.
"More than a discovery, a true revelation."–Classica, on Kerson Leong
Single tickets are on sale now! You can also save up to 30%, reserve the best seats in the house, and enjoy a great set of benefits with a ticket package. Click here to learn more about ticket packages or call the Dalhousie Arts Centre Box Office at 902.494.3820 to book your tickets today.
Here are a couple handy tips when booking tickets on the Dalhousie Box Office website:
- You’ll be asked to log in to book your tickets. If you’re not sure you have an account, click “Forgot your password?”
- You’ll need to agree to the Terms and Conditions, including Dalhousie Arts Centre COVID-19 policies, before checking out.
- You’ll need to choose a Delivery Method:
- If you choose “Hold at Box Office”, you’ll need to pick up your tickets when you arrive, up to 1 hour before the concert. We recommend this for easy exchanges throughout the season!
- If you choose “Mail”, your tickets will mailed to you
- If you choose “Print at Home”, your tickets will be included with your confirmation email as a PDF attachment.
- You will receive an email confirmation from [email protected]
If you have questions about your account or about ordering tickets online, please contact the Dalhousie Arts Centre Box Office in person or by phone at 902.494.3820, or by email at [email protected], Wednesday-Saturday, 12:00 pm-6:00 pm.