Gary Kulesha, conductor
- Scott Good: Le Baiser
- Nicole Lizée: Black MIDI
- Omar Souleyman (arr. Jacob Garchik): La Sidounak Sayyada (I’ll Prevent the Hunters from Hunting You)
- Hamza El Din (realized by Tohru Ueda): Escalay (Water Wheel)
- Mohammad Reza Shajarian & Kayhan Kalhor (arr. Sahba Aminikia): Rain
- Ramallah Underground (arr. Jacob Garchik): Tashweesh
- Unknown (arr. Ljova & Kronos): Oh Mother, the Handsome Man Tortures Me
San Francisco’s Kronos Quartet is one of the world’s most celebrated and influential ensembles. With more than 60 recordings, over 900 new commissioned works, and thousands of performances worldwide, Kronos has “revolutionized everything in string quartet country and beyond” (LA Times). Now, this Grammy-winning ensemble joins forces with Symphony Nova Scotia for a thrilling and creative multimedia concert experience. Hear a brand-new work for quartet and orchestra from Canada’s own Nicole Lizée, a “brilliantly gifted composer” (Winnipeg Free Press), performed alongside a diverse selection of Kronos’ own commissioned works from Iranian, Iraqi, Nubian, Palestinian, and Syrian composers. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to experience one of the greatest quartets of our time.
Presented in partnership with the Toronto Symphony and the Canada Mosaic project in celebration of Canada’s 150th.
"For 40 years these four string players have created an entirely new string quartet experience."The Telegraph
Tickets are on sale now! Save up to 35%, reserve the best seats in the house, and enjoy a great set of benefits with a ticket package. Click here to learn more about ticket packages, or call the Dalhousie Arts Centre Box Office at 902.494.3820 to book your tickets today.