- Jean-Marie Leclair: Overture from Scylla et Glaucus
- Vivaldi: La verità in cimento; Concerto for Four Violins in B minor; Violin Concerto in G minor, RV 577; Bassoon Concerto in E minor
- François Francoeur: Overture from Symphonies pour le Festin Royal du Comte d’Artois
- François Colin de Blamont: Symphonies des fêtes Grecques et Romaines
- Jean-Féry Rebel: La Fantaisie
Canadian bassoonist and conductor Mathieu Lussier is “a classical triple threat” and “a virtuoso player” (Ottawa Citizen), and after his 2017 baroque performance with Symphony Nova Scotia, audience members praised him as “wonderfully engaging”, “a delight”, with “energy, enthusiasm, humor and talent.” Now, Mathieu returns with another lively, lighthearted baroque program – this time, following the great composer Vivaldi on an imaginary trip to Paris. Featuring a variety of glorious French baroque music alongside virtuoso gems from Vivaldi – including a rarely heard bassoon concerto – it’s an uplifting, amusing romp with one of Canada’s rising baroque music stars.
Season tickets are on sale now! Save up to 35%, reserve the best seats in the house, and enjoy a great set of benefits with a ticket package. Click here to learn more about ticket packages or call the Dalhousie Arts Centre Box Office at 902.494.3820 to book your tickets today. Single tickets will go on sale on August 1, 2018.