Bring your lunch and listen to beautiful music, accompanied by informative, entertaining stories about the composers. These concerts are hosted by Symphony Nova Scotia bassist Max Kasper, and feature the Symphony Nova Scotia Library Players, as well as perennial favourites the Gatto Dolce Duo. All weekday concerts begin at 12 noon, and the Saturday concerts start at 11 am. (Please see below for details).
2018 LIBRARY SERIES
Join us for these free, noon-hour library concerts with a special look at some of your favourite composers. Join us for wonderful chamber music and stories to illustrate the composers’ lives. Our 28th season of the Library Series continues this spring with Max Kasper and friends presenting two programs, and this year, we’re happy to be expanding the Library Series to include the South Shore Regional Libraries and the Colchester East Hants Regional Libraries!
THE GATTO DOLCE DUO: WHERE’S GESUALDO
Gatto Dolce Duo (Max Kasper, bass and Colin Matthews, cello)
Where’s Gesualdo takes a fanciful look at the many and varied influences of the late Don Carlo Gesualdo.
- Tuesday, May 22, 12 noon – Paul O’Regan Hall, Halifax Central Library
- Thursday, May 24, 12 noon – Alderney Gate Public Library, Dartmouth
- Saturday, June 2, 11 am – South Shore Regional Library, Bridgewater
THE LIBRARY PLAYERS: CHILD PRODIGY COMPOSERS
Library Players (Yi Lee and Anita Gao, violin; Binnie Brennan, viola; Max Kasper, bass)
Child Prodigy Composers features the works of several composers who were famous at a very young age.
- Tuesday June 5, 12 noon – Paul O’Regan Hall, Halifax Central Library
- Thursday, June 7, 12 noon – Alderney Gate Public Library, Dartmouth
- Saturday, June 9, 11 am– Colchester East Hants Public Library, Elmsdale
We look forward to seeing you in a library near you soon!
Thank you to our amazing Library Series sponsor: