We’re delighted to announce Symphony Nova Scotia’s brand-new Online Encores series! Each week throughout May and June, we’ll be hosting free online streams and watch parties featuring highlights from some of our favourite concerts over the past few seasons.
Then, as an added bonus, immediately following each Online Encore, we’ll be hosting a Live Post-Concert Q&A session via Facebook Live and YouTube Live with special guests from each performance.
- We’re Not Done Drumming – Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 7:30 pm
- Lennie Gallant and Symphony Nova Scotia – Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 7:30 pm
- Disruptor Conductor – Friday, May 29, 2020 at 8:00 pm
- Scotia Festival: Pierre Boulez Gala from 1991 – Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 7:30 pm
- Mozart with Symphony Nova Scotia and Holly Mathieson – Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 7:30 pm
- Haydn with Symphony Nova Scotia and Bernhard Gueller – Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 7:30 pm
- Brahms with Symphony Nova Scotia and Holly Mathieson – Thursday, June 25, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Missed it live? The full performance and Q&A will be available on this page at 10 am the following day!
Online Encore: Disruptor Conductor
Check out the Watch Party Discussion Guide so you and your family and friends can discuss questions and topics that come up throughout the documentary.
Pre-documentary chat with Daniel, director Sharon Lewis, and representatives from the TSO and Symphony Nova Scotia:
Online Encore: Lennie Gallant and Symphony Nova Scotia
Conducted by Martin MacDonald
With Jeremy Gallant, piano
Patricia Richard, percussion
Sean Kemp, violin
Artwork by Karen Gallant
Live Post-Concert Q&A with Lennie Gallant and Artist in Residence Daniel Bartholomew-Poyser:
Online Encore: We’re Not Done Drumming
Featuring Rebecca Thomas, poet and activist
Holly Mathieson, conductor
Laura Sgroi, composer
Live Post-Concert Q&A with Rebecca Thomas, composer Laura Sgroi, and Holly Mathieson: