The NSYO is taking over the Symphony Striders for the 2022 Blue Nose Marathon Giv’er Charity Challenge!
RACE DAYS: MAY 20-22, 2022
The Symphony Striders have been named the largest fundraising team in the Blue Nose Marathon four times, and have raised nearly $100,000 for education and outreach programming. Help us keep the momentum going as we raise support for the NSYO Wellness Program. Join the team or donate today!
MAY 12 IS DOMUS REALTY MATCHING DAY!
Help us reach our $10,000 goal! Thanks to our team sponsor Domus Realty, we’re excited to announce that May 12 is officially Domus Realty Matching Day! All donations made on May 12 through our team page or to our Striders teammates will be matched by Domus Realty dollar-for-dollar up to $3,500.
Together, the Symphony Striders and Domus Realty believe in the way music allows us to connect, express, and explore. The Striders have been a driving force behind Symphony Nova Scotia’s Education and Outreach programming for many years, and we are thrilled to have teamed up with the Nova Scotia Youth Orchestra to raise funds for the new NSYO Wellness Program. Supporting health and wellness for young musicians will help them learn and grow, as well as ensure a bright future for music in our community.
HOW TO SIGN UP
- Sign In to Race Roster – Input your name and email or login through Facebook.
- Select Event – Our team event is the Lifemark 5K race (free for NSYO musicians) but you can choose any one you like. Then fill in the form!
- Join the Team – In the “Team” section of the form, ensure that you have been added to the Symphony Striders team.
- Agree to Terms & Conditions – make sure you select all of the boxes!
- Donate – Make a donation to kickstart your fundraising, OR click continue to move ahead without donating.
- Pay – Insert your billing information (NSYO musicians can add promo code) and pay!
If you run into trouble, please contact [email protected].
Free registration is available to NSYO musicians to walk or run the Lifemark 5km with a commitment to raise $250. Please contact [email protected] for the special promo code.
RAISING FUNDS COMES WITH ITS PERKS!
- Raise $200 and win two tickets to Symphony Nova Scotia’s The Nutcracker
- Raise $400 and win two NSYO 2022/23 Season Passes
- Raise $600 and win two UPick 4 subscriptions to the 2022/23 Symphony Nova Scotia Season
We’re raising $10,000 to ensure a successful start to the NSYO Wellness Program and build a foundation to continue this program for years to come. If we reach our goal Symphony Nova Scotia CEO Chris Wilkinson will throw an end of season Pizza Party Celebration for the NSYO musicians. Join the team or donate here!
THE NSYO WELLNESS PROGRAM
The Nova Scotia Youth Orchestra is an education and outreach program that delivers unique, life-enriching experiences for young musicians. With mentorship from professional musicians and the support of a community of peers, youth can explore their musical talents, establish a network of friends, and grow in a positive environment. The NSYO is the only program of its kind in Nova Scotia and the opportunities it offers are essential to supporting our youth.
The NSYO Wellness Program will provide resources for mental, physical, and musical health that supports our youth musicians’ development in a positive and healthy environment. Kicking off with a retreat weekend at Ross Creek Centre for the Arts, NSYO musicians will participate in team building activities and sessions with experts on mental health, physical wellness, and musical training.
Resources for members to receive individual coaching and support from experts on mental health, performance, physical wellness, and nutrition will continue to be available throughout the season.
FROM OUR TEAM LEADER
“Dear NSYO and community members, I highly recommend that you join the Blue Nose run/walk this year. It is a fun, low stress event, and you get to run through the streets with people cheering you on! Participating in the Blue Nose is also a great way to support the NSYO. Hope you join the team!”
– Maxen Morrison, Team Leader
ALREADY SIGNED UP?