The NSYO is taking over the Symphony Striders for the 2023 Blue Nose Marathon Giv’er Charity Challenge!
RACE DAYS: MAY 19-21, 2023
The Symphony Striders have been named the largest fundraising team in the Blue Nose Marathon four times, and have raised nearly $150,000 for education and outreach programming. Help us keep the momentum going as we raise support for the NSYO Wellness Program. Join the team or donate today!
The Symphony Striders have been a driving force behind Symphony Nova Scotia’s Education and Outreach programming for many years, and we are thrilled to have teamed up with the Nova Scotia Youth Orchestra to raise funds for the NSYO Wellness Program. Supporting health and wellness for young musicians helps them learn and grow, and ensures a bright future for music in our community.
HOW TO SIGN UP
- Sign In to Race Roster – Input your name and email or login through Facebook.
- Select Event – Our team event is the Lifemark 5K race but you can choose any one you like. Then fill in the form!
- Join the Team – In the “Team” section of the form, select Symphony Striders.
- Agree to Terms & Conditions – make sure you select all of the boxes!
- Donate – Make a donation to kickstart your fundraising, OR click continue to move ahead without donating.
- Pay – Insert your billing information and pay!
If you run into trouble, please contact [email protected].
RAISING FUNDS COMES WITH ITS PERKS!
- Raise $200 and win two tickets to Symphony Nova Scotia’s The Nutcracker
- Raise $400 and win two NSYO 2023/24 Season Passes
- Raise $600 and win two UPick 4 subscriptions to the 2023/24 Symphony Nova Scotia Season
- PLUS, the individual who raises the most funds will win a free lunch with Music Director Holly Mathieson!
THE NSYO WELLNESS PROGRAM
The Nova Scotia Youth Orchestra is an education and outreach program that delivers unique, life-enriching experiences for young musicians. With mentorship from professional musicians and the support of a community of peers, youth can explore their musical talents, establish a network of friends, and grow in a positive environment. The NSYO is the only program of its kind in Nova Scotia and the opportunities it offers are essential to supporting our youth.
The NSYO Wellness Program provides resources for mental, physical, and musical health that support our youth musicians’ development in a positive and healthy environment. Programming kicks off with the NSYO Connect: Orchestra Retreat Weekend where musicians meet our team of wellness experts and are introduced to the many components of healthy music making. Throughout the season, musicians have access to the Beyond the Notes weekly workshop series, which provides practical tools and encourages thoughtful conversations about wellness. Nutritional breaks are integrated into each rehearsal and musical programming is structured to support joyful music making.
FROM OUR TEAM LEADER
“Dear NSYO and community members, I highly recommend that you join the Blue Nose run/walk this year. It is a fun, low stress event, and you get to run through the streets with people cheering you on! Participating in the Blue Nose is also a great way to support the NSYO. Hope you join the team!”
– Maxen Morrison, Team Leader
ALREADY SIGNED UP?